Living an Active Lifestyle in the Kawarthas
For many people, going to the cottage is all about relaxation. It’s also the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the downtime and explore activities that you may not normally have time for during a busy work week. In the Kawarthas, there are many opportunities for an active lifestyle and the surroundings are beautiful and peaceful — even a morning jog or hike is more enjoyable.
Here are some active ideas you’ll find near the Parkbridge cottage resort areas in the Kawarthas:
- Lakes, lakes and more lakes! Clear your mind and get your arms moving with a morning kayak trip, while watching the sun rise over the undisturbed lake.
- Go horseback riding along the Kawartha Trans Canada Trail.
- Head out for a hike or a jog with a friend or neighbour. The Robert Johnson Eco Forest Trail, Balsam Lake Provincial Park and the Scugog River Trail are definitely worth a walk.
- If golf is your activity of choice, there are too many courses to list! No matter what your skill level, give one of these beautiful and quiet courses a try.
If you’d rather stay closer to your cottage, there’s also a ton of activities right at your doorstep. That’s the beauty of life at a cottage resort. Let the recreation staff do the organizing and all you have to do is show up and be prepared to get fit! Here are some to consider:
- Kickstart the day with yoga on the beach. Many of the Parkbridge resort areas offer these morning classes, led by our recreation staff.
- Gather up a group of players and play a game of ball hockey.
- Head to the basketball court to shoot some hoops.
- Get involved in beach volleyball. There are organized games, or just play for fun.
- Swim in the lake or do laps in the onsite pool.
No matter what your age or physical ability, there’s sure to be an active adventure you’ll love in the Kawarthas. If you book a tour of a Parkbridge model home and resort area, we will gladly introduce you to the many activities there and in the surrounding towns. Come see for yourself.