The Ultimate Date Night in the Kawarthas
Cottage life is all about family and enjoying weekends and summers together on the lake, but sometimes it’s nice to have a night out as a couple. Whether it’s an anniversary celebration or simply a date night without the children, you are guaranteed to have a list of unique evening activities to enjoy in the Kawarthas and surrounding area.
Here is a list of date night worthy spots to consider throughout the cottage season:
- Treat yourself to a night away from the kitchen and head to a downtown restaurant like Elements, Brio Gusto Restaurant & Wine Bar or Rare Grill House or enjoy a restaurant with a view like Chemong Lodge or Pastry Peddler
- Book a couples massage at a Euphoria Wellness Spa
- Wine tasting at Kawartha Country Wines
- Take part in a pottery or paint date night at The Art School of Peterborough
- Take a tour of the The Canadian Canoe Museum (they even have date nights!)
- Enjoy live entertainment at a local venue such as Showplace Performance Centre or Market Hall Performing Arts Centre
- A picnic dinner and outdoor theatre in the great outdoors at 4th Line Theatre
- A picnic at the base of the Peterborough Lift Lock
- A waterway cruise along the Trent Severn Waterway, or in autumn, take a Fall Colours tour with Stoney Lake Boat Cruises
- Canoe or kayak on a quiet lake
- Hike the Robert Johnson Eco Forest Trail
One of the other benefits of a date night while at your cottage resort is how easy it is to find a babysitter. The strong sense of community and close knit neighbours creates an extension of your family. Chances are, the kids won’t miss you at all and they will be fast asleep by the time you and your ‘date’ get back!
Come explore the many things to do in the Kawarthas and enjoy a personal tour of a Parkbridge park model home and resort area. We think you’ll be planning your first of many date nights very soon!